- Find the program that you want to create the shortcut to from the Start Menu / All Programs / Microsoft Office.
- Right-click over the program and choose Send To / Desktop (Create shortcut)
- You now have a shortcut to that program on your desktop.
How to make a shortcut to a document or a folder
You can also create desktop shortcuts to any document, file, or folder.
- Open the My Computer or My Documents window and browse to the file for which you want a shortcut.
- Right-click over the name of the file and choose Send To / Desktop (Create shortcut)
- Now you have a shortcut to that document or folder on your desktop.
Date: July 12, 2010
Categories: Office 2007